Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Another Day

As I sit here and try to gather my thoughts, I think back over the day.  Bill was able to go out to breakfast with a friend and enjoyed the visit.  Bill and I were able to go to Kroger's together for the first time in quite awhile. We enjoyed that.  Jessie had a good day with Shannon and went grocery shopping, too.  Jon spent the day at church preparing for the teens that meet each Thursday night.  I spent a couple of hours at my mom's.  We had breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Just another day. 

Was it?  Is that all that should be noted?  Bill had a rough night last night and his day wasn't as good as the past several days.  That was discouraging.  A cloak of heaviness came over me this afternoon and all I wanted to do was cry, which I did. 

Traveling this path that we're on is extremely difficult.  How do we manage to get through each day?  For me, it's knowing that I can trust God with our future.  It's knowing that I can cry out to Him anytime and know that He's listening.  And, it's knowing that each day is not "just another day".  It's so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment