Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Cake

Earlier this week I was in JoAnn Fabrics and picked up a pumpkin cake pan (70% off).  Today Jess and Shannon baked and decorated two pumpkin cakes - one for us and one for Shannon.  Jessie had a great time baking and decorating the cake that we'll eat on Sunday. 

Jess had a great day.  For whatever reason she was in a great mood and had fun all day.  She was especially excited that her brother, Jon, came home.  (He went on an overnight men's retreat yesterday at our Wesleyan Campground in Vassar.)  As soon as he got home she wanted to go and help him unpack, which she did.  She kept hugging him and was so glad he came home!

Bill had a pretty good morning.  In fact, he went with me to Meijer's and McDonald's for lunch.  He did better than I did - my knee and back were not good and I was a little down, so I took a 2 hour nap when we got home.  After working on his model, however, he pooped out and has been down since.  He is discouraged since he's been doing so well.  However, it's only day 8, so being out for awhile today was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment