Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Please Pray For Us Tomorrow

Tomorrow is chemo day.  We have to be there at 9:00 a.m.  I've been dreading this day for 3 weeks, and I'm sick to my stomach tonight.  Bill says he doesn't mind it too much (side effects don't begin for a couple hours after), except for the beginning when they have to get a good blood draw from his port.  It never wants to give up blood and they can't do chemo without a good draw so they know the IV is working.  It usually takes more than a half hour of almost standing on his head and jumping up and down (it's positional) to get blood.  Please pray that tomorrow will be different and the nurse will be able to get it on the first try. 

It will be a long day of 6 hours of infusions.  We packed a rolling backpack  ... magazines, books, puzzles, IPAD, snacks, a lunch for Bill and a blanket for me.  If it's not too busy of a day, I might get to sit in one of the infusion chairs - otherwise, a nice hard chair awaits me.

If you know our cell phone numbers, feel free to call and help pass the time.  Jon will come and relieve me around lunch time for awhile.  Please also pray that I don't lose it like I did last time.  Having a blubbering family member doesn't do the patients any good, that's for sure.  Luckily our "favorite" spot is right next to the door so I can escape if I need to. 

Bill, Jon and I covet your prayers - especially for tomorrow.  Thank you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment