Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Does Jessie Know?

Many people have asked how Jessie is doing and how much she knows about Bill's cancer?  Over a month ago we decided that we needed to tell her about as much as she could process.  We told her that Daddy was very sick and he'd be sick for a very long time.  He'd have bad days, but he'd also have good days.  Almost every day she asks, "Daddy sick?"  She's a little fixated on his bald head, which makes us laugh because she rubs it and says, "Oh, baby!"

Besides the comfort and blessings that God gives us each day (which I might add are numerous), Jessie is another reason we go on.  She is a ray of sunshine on our cloudy days.  She enjoys making us laugh and then she laughs harder.  Someone once asked me if I ever imagined what she'd be like without Down Syndrome.  I never have.  Why should I?  She's perfect - just the way she is.

Thanks to another church lady friend, dinner was provided.  I am so greatful that I didn't have to fix a meal today.  I wasn't feeling up to par, and Bill's had a bad day.  Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment