Friday, October 8, 2010

You Never Know Who's Watching

Friday is "Breakfast Out Day" for Jessie and Shannon.  They go to the same restaurant each week and Jess orders the same thing: "eggs, toast, big potatoes (hash browns) bacon, water, juice".  After they were finished and ready to leave, another customer asked to talk to Shannon.  He wondered if she was her (Jess) aide?  She said that she was and he then asked her if she wanted another job!  He said he was watching how she interacted with Jess and was very impressed .  He's the vice president of a company for the special needs population and gave her his business card.  I promptly replied, "Give me that card!  I will break your arm if you call him!"  After we finished laughing she said that it made her feel good to have someone else compliment her and how she works with Jess. 

It is difficult to turn your special needs child over to someone else's care each day, but with Shannon, I NEVER have to be concerned about Jessie and if she is OK.  I never worry about her.  I know that when she is with Shannon, she'll be cared for like I care for her.  Let me tell you, that takes a huge burden off my shoulders.  If we had to go through the rough times that we are going through and have to be concerned about Jessie's well being too, I really don't think I could make it.  Thank you, God, for Shannon!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill had a cardiologist appointment today and all was well there.  We stopped and had lunch at one of our favorite places then went to my mom's for a couple of hours.  He napped while I worked.  By the time he got home, he was ready to do nothing for the rest of the day.  Today was a better day than yesterday for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment