Friday, October 15, 2010

A Very Busy Day For All Of Us

Jess began her day with "Breakfast Out" with Shannon then had a good day at home.  She also had Speech at 3:30.  She's doing really great!

Bill took Jon with him and tried to finish the job he still has unfinished.  He was able to work for about 2 1/2 hours before he had to come home and rest the remainder of the day.  He enjoyed being back to work, but he knows he won't be able to do anything else after this job is completed.  That's hard.

Jon enjoyed the fire pit he built earlier this week tonight with a small fire. 

I began my day with several stops before Meijer's then a doctor's appointment for my left knee in the afternoon.  As most of you know, I began the year in terrible pain in my back and down my right leg. In April after an MRI, Iwas diagnosed with 2 herniated discs, a cyct on my spine, spinal stenosis and severe arthritis in my back.  I was put on some strong nerve medication (which I'm still on) and continued in pain until July 1.  On that day, I woke with no hip or back pain, (YAH!!!) but my left knee hurt.  Go figure!  Since then, it's gotten worse.

To make a long story short that I'm sure you don't want to read, another MRI on Aug. 28 revealed a torn and degenerative miniscus, a cartiledge tear with loose bodies, bone spur, advanced arthritis and severe fluid, which has now gone into a Baker's cyst (fluid is draining behind my knee).  My knee hurts.  Went to my family doctor today and he put a shot of cortisone in my knee and I have to see a surgeon (for the second time - the first one just told me to take tylenol arthritis) and talk about arthroscopic surgery.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment