Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The 9th Day

Today is the 9th day that we have been here with Mom.  Today is the 9th day that she has not had food or water.  She is defying the odds.  Today she's been very calm, unresponsive, shallow breathing.

Prior to this episode with my Mom, I have been learning to TRUST God in all things.  The past year or more has been very difficult for me and my family.  And, just when I think I am fully trusting, something like this comes along, that stretches my beliefs. 

However, I have made the conscious decision to continue trusting God.  He has never failed me before, I expect He never will.  Even though this period of time makes no sense to me, I will still praise His Name.  I will still trust Him. 

People have said that God never gives you more than you can handle.  I disagree.  I believe the scripture verse they are referring to really means temptation, not trials.  If we were always able to handle every trial in life, why would we need Him?  He allows things in our lives that draw us closer to Him.

Enough preaching - didn't mean to.  Guess I'm overtired and my brain doesn't want to quit for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment