Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Discouragement

Yesterday afternoon I was hurrying from the front door to the kitchen and ran into the corner of an end table - right into my bad knee.  Boy, did that hurt.  It looked a little swollen, but my whole knee is swollen, so no big deal.  However, this morning I was unable to walk without serious pain.  I must have done a good job on it because I have had to use my cane all day.  I iced it couple times, as well as took Motrin.  I hope it's better in the morning, or I might have to go see the knee doctor.  This is discouraging.  I'm tired of being in pain.

We had another busy day.  My cousin, Linda, came and visited mom.  We had a nice visit, although Mom slept most of the time.  Bill and I went and had mom's taxes done.  We went to lunch then back to Mom's to meet the Hospice Chaplain and Social Worker.  I am very grateful for the services that Hospice has for the individual as well as the family.  However, it was hard for me today.  It made the situation so much more final.  Discouraging.

It was discouraging for me, too, because Bill looked so tired all day.  He rewired 3 lamps for my mom and helped me get around.  Tonight he was pretty sick.  To bed early.  I hope he feels better in the morning.

Jessie continues to be mad, yelling at me alot.  This is discouraging.  I told her tonight I miss "my happy Jessie.  Where did she go?"  Some of it most likely is from the Vit. D. deficiency, but I believe that she understands so much more than we give her credit for and she understands the seriousness of her dad's illness, as well as her Grandma's now, too.  She just doesn't have a way of telling us how she feels. 

On such a discouraging day, I received a beautiful card from my mom's good friend, Jane.  It meant so much to me her words of ENCOURAGEMENT.  Thank you, Jane, for encouraging me today.  I needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment