Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday's Post

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  Just didn't have time.  Another difficult day.  It's been 7 days that Mom has been bedridden, with no food or water.  She is actively dying, but she's got a very strong constitution, I guess.  Even the Hospice nurses are surprised that she's still here.  She doesn't appear to be in a great deal of pain, but there have been enough significant changes in her that a nurse has been here every day. 

As I look outside at the beautiful, crisp day, I am reminded how blessed we are.  Mom is able to be in her own home, taken care of and surrounded by her family.  We talk to her, hold her hand, pray, read scripture, sing, and play music.  We have a host of Hospice workers whenever we need them.  We have people providing food, phone calls, and hugs.  I am thankful for God's blessings.

Please continue to pray for Bill, as he has not felt well at all these past several days.  He's been at Mom's, taking care of Jess, and running the homefront.  He's totally wiped out.  I feel bad that his needs have been secondary to my mom's.  Please pray for him, as well as Jessie, as she is in need of HER mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment