Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Very Hard Couple of Days

Being someone's primary care giver is no stroll in the park, I can tell you that.  I was at Mom's from Saturday around 2:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. tonight.  Jess went with me and spent last night then went home early this afternoon.  I think she had enough too, although she did help me a bit with Grandma.  She was really good.

Yesterday afternoon wasn't too bad, but mom fired me after she landed on the floor when I tried getting her out of the wheelchair onto the commode.  After the initial landing, I settled Mom in with pillows and a blanket and she looked just like she had decided to sleep on the floor for a change.  She asked me if I had brought my camera.  Like I'm going to take a picture of her on the floor!  I had to wait for Jon to come help me lift her back up. 

Actually, it turned out good that she landed on the floor, because I had to report it to Hospice, and a nurse came out to check on her around 9:30 p.m.  After discussing several things, she took a urine sample and today we found out that she has another UTI. 

Mom has had a huge decline in the past two days.  At this time, we are not able to get her out of bed.  We'll see what the nurse has to say when she comes to see her tomorrow. 

I am so grateful for the prayers of my family and friends.  This is a very difficult time in my life and I can only do it with others who lift me up.  I so appreciate Bill, too.  He's not been well these past several days and I know he would have liked me to be with him.  However, he knows that I need to spend time with my mom, too.  I feel torn between the two. 

Please continue to pray for Randie as she recovers from her heart cath. and Diane from her ????  She's not feeling well at all.  Bronchitis?  Sinus Infection?  Virus?  Who knows, she just is plain sick.  She came to Mom's today and lasted several hours before she had to go home. 

I've got to go now and get some sleep.  I slept with the roving, hot octapus last night!  She had a great night's sleep, not so me.  I kept saying all night ... "MOVE OVER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment