Monday, March 21, 2011

God's Blessings

As par for the course, today didn't turn out like I had planned.  When Bill and I got to Mom's today, it was very apparent that she had declined from last evening.  I personally believe that she has begun the journey of preparing to leave this earth.  She was pretty much unresponsive today.

I called our friend, Laura, and she came and ministered to Mom in song and scripture reading.  My mom said for years that she wanted Laura to sing at her funeral, so I figured, why wait?  It was very special and that was one of the few times Mom was responsive.  It was a blessing to Mom and to me.

We had a full house.  The Hospice aide came earlier in the day and gave mom a bath, the nurse came in the late afternoon, and Bill, Jon, Jessie, Diane, Pastor Garry, Denise, Sara and Caity all came.  It was great having Pastor Garry there, as he prayed for Mom, read her scripture, annointed her, visited with Bill, then went and picked up dinner for us. 

Sometimes when we go though hard times we aren't always aware of God's blessings.  Today I know we had many.  

No comments:

Post a Comment