Monday, September 9, 2013

Can You Believe This?

Last week I mentioned that I had the van's sensors tell me that I had a low tire.  The front right one was low so I stopped at a gas station, pumped it up, and then took it to the dealers to see what was going on.  They checked it out and said that there wasn't anything wrong with the two front tires.  Probably the heat.  Right.

Friday morning when I was going out to begin packing the van to go to church for the fund raiser, I had a flat tire.  I called for road side service, they changed it and thanks to Debbie and Jessie for taking it to the dealers. There was a nail in the tire that couldn't be fixed so I needed a new tire.

Then they tell me that I needed new back brakes.  OK, there's only 20,000 miles on my van - brakes?  Discouraged I set an appointment for today and dropped off the van so they could work on it tomorrow.  They checked it early and I got a phone call an hour or so later stating that I DIDN'T need brakes.  OK, do you want to tell my how this happened?  They have no clue.  Maybe the oil change guy got two vans mixed up? 

Since I had no way of getting there I had the shuttle service come put up Jess and me.  Of course, he got lost and I about lost it when I had to retell him how to get to my house!  Jess did really well getting in the van and she talked all the way there, which is normal.  Not loud.  Just talked.  After all, she was out of her comfort zone.  When we arrived the driver made a comment about her talking all the time and how did I manage it?  Then he proceeded to tell me that he had a 55 year old niece with the same "disease!"  At that point I didn't know if I should laugh or cry!

Of course, since I've now gone to so much trouble and for their mistake, I can now have a FREE oil change.  Since I just had one done and Chrysler changed their guidelines to once every 10,000 miles, I have to wait about a year to cash in on my FREE oil change!

Also, my Uconnect quit on the way there so I had them try to reconnect it with my phone.  Forty-five minutes later !!!!!! the guy comes out to tell me I have to have a new radio because the current radio doesn't always pick up the signals from the new phones.  Really? It's been working fine since I got my new phone several months ago.  I can't wait to find out what else they may tell me when I take it back in for the new radio!

When I finally got home I noticed that I need a new water filter on the refrigerator.  And, the upstairs toilet wouldn't flush. I quit.  I'm going to bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment