Friday, September 27, 2013

I Have Returned

I want to THANK Becky, Anonymous, Karla P., Doreen, and Judy C. (and anyone else I may have momentarily forgotten) for their comments on missing my daily posts. That meant alot to me.  I have decided to return.  I miss blogging as much as others miss reading it.  Becky reminded me today that it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged. I didn't realize it was that long.  Let's see if I can quickly recap the last two weeks.

Four years ago last February (2009) Bill gave me a wonderful gift.  He watched the kids while I went to Haiti for 2 weeks to be with my good friend, Lois, who is a missionary in LaPointe, which is in the northwestern part of Haiti.  Then in October of 2009 he gave me another gift and watched the kids while I went on a two-week, 3,000 mile road trip with her out east to visit supporters and supporting churches.  She is currently in Michigan for another HMA and I left on Saturday, Sept. 14 for a 5-day visitation/vacation trip with her.  We visited supporters in Toledo, Ohio and Boardman, Ohio, which is near Youngstown.  This time Jon gave me this give of time away.  We also stayed at The Heritage Inn at Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio for a couple nights for vacation and it was very nice. 

We returned at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 18.  I unpacked, washed clothes, repacked, packed up Jess' stuff and the kids and I left Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m. for 4 days in Mackinaw.  (I don't recommend this quick turn around for vacation!)  We stayed 3 nights in a hotel on the beach and I enjoyed listening to the waves on the shore. Both kids enjoy the Fort in Mackinaw and when Jon went to the Island, Jess and I shopped at Mackinaw Crossings and had lunch out.  We also drove up to Sault Ste. Marie to the Soo Locks, but we weren't there at the right time to see the big ships in the locks.  While we were in St. Ignace, we stopped at our favorite place to eat (The Galley) and Jon was able to get his whitefish livers and blue gill for dinner.  He was a happy eater!  Julie, Kylee, and Lynzee were also up in Mackinaw for the weekend and we connected for dinner on Saturday night at Audie's.  We arrived back home around 4:15 p.m. on Sunday. 

I had returned with such peace and I was so relaxed.  I haven't felt that good in over 3 years.  I really needed the time away.  However, as this week progressed, I have had a most difficult time adjusting to all the things I "have" to do and "want" to do.  I also hurt my right shoulder somehow and have to go to PT for several weeks which just adds to the calendar, not to mention another part of my body that hurts.  If I can just make it through October, I'll have plenty of time to relax when I have my knee surgery on November 7. 

Jon is doing good, although he is also in PT for a bad back, but he's improving very well.  Work continutes to be hectic.

Jess is, well, Jess.  She did really well while I was gone.  We Face-timed each night which helped her with me not being home.  Jon did a great job in caring for her and the house.  Debbie and Rachel, too.  We are dealing with panic attacks in Meijer's again with her.  I'll write more about that later.  I'll also try to post some pictures from our trip upnorth.

Until tomorrow, it's good to be back!



3 comments:

  1. So happy you are back. So happy you took some time for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back.... Missed u�� see u soon ��������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back. Love that you took some time for you!

    ReplyDelete