Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Best Laid Plans ...

don't always happen, do they?  That's why we have to trust God that whatever happens in our day is directed by Him.  He allows it to happen for a purpose.  No matter what it is.  Because of the Girlfriends With A Cause event we're having on Saturday, I've anticipated that this week there would be numerous things going wrong.  I haven't been disappointed.

Yesterday the lawn mower wouldn't start no matter how many times I tried to get it started.  Today a friend from church, Rod, came and on the first pull the lawn mower started.  I wasn't very happy, but then I thought that maybe God was saving me from myself.  I would have cut the lawn and been unable to walk for days. Thanks, Rod.  I sure appreciate your help!

Today the tire gauge on my van indicated two low tires while I was out running errands.  I went and filled one up that was low but thought I'd better get them checked out and have the oil changed.  Two tires ok, oil changed AND I need new back brakes.  I really don't have time for this, but then I don't have time to have the brakes go out on me either.  Just not good timing. 

Oh, well, in light of the world's situations, my problems are so minor.  I just get frustrated when my day is different than what I planned.  At my age, you'd think I'd be used to it. 

Extra prayer is needed for all the women who are involved in this Fund Raiser.  Providing scholarships to train teachers to evangelize the children of Haiti isn't what Satan wants.  Please uplift all of us up to the Throne.  Let's all put on our armor of God and have a wonderful, profitable and fun day on Saturday in Jesus' name!

No comments:

Post a Comment