Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pictures From The North

Yeah!  The internet didn't shut down before I uploaded a few pictures.  The first picture is from our hotel room.  We had a Lakeside view and it was nice enough to have the door open to hear the waves and watch the Star Line come and go, which was right next to the hotel.

The next picture is Jess and Mr. Toad in front of a store in Mackinaw Crossings.  While Jon went to the Island, we shopped. 

The third picture is what Jess likes to do best in a hotel.  She lays on the bed watching a DVD on her player, and either plays with her letter tiles or her Apples 2 Apples cards.  She insists on take about 20-30 DVD's and we do have a holder that holds them all out of their cases, but she usually only watches one.  And, the same one over and over.  This time she surprised me and watched 2 different ones and only once!

The next picture is taken at the Soo Locks.  I think Jessie's favorite place there was McDonald's where we stopped for snack-sized ice cream. 

Today, Sunday, Jon decided to stay home from church so the three of us went to Dimitri's for breakfast, along with the rest of Washington.  It was PACKED, which didn't go over real well with Jess.  No breakdowns, though.

We also had to do some grocery shopping, which I never do on a Sunday, unless I can help it.  The place was packed with people and screaming kids.  That really didn't go over well with Jess.  I managed to redirect her and she continued to scan all the groceries, but she wasn't happy.  There were too many squealing kids. 

It's been a nice quiet late afternoon and evening.  For a change I put a beef roast in the crock pot before we left to shop and we had a nice dinner.  I think a beef roast is my favorite meal, along with mashed potatoes, gravy, onions and peas.  Tonight instead of peas we had butternut squash from last fall.  I need to use it up before I start freezing more from this year.








1 comment: