Monday, October 27, 2014

A Special Gift From God

Now, I'm sure some of you are going to think I've lost my mind.  That's always possible, I guess.

I believe I received a special gift from God on Bill's birthday.  Jon and I went to the cemetery this afternoon, which just happens to be Bill's birthday. Right in front of the monument stone was a pine tree.  A very healthy, pretty, tiny pine tree.  There were no other pine trees around like this one.  It hit me that it was a gift for me.  (I told you that you might think I lost my mind.)  A gift from God.  Jon pulled it out and we brought it home and planted it in a pot. That made my cemetery visit exciting, rather than sad. I still cried a little but when I look at this tree I'll remember where it had been planted and who gave it to me. I just know it will thrive and grow well.

God does such neat things, doesn't He?  The beauty of this particular fall with all the vibrant colors of leaves has been spectacular. And, when He does something small like this and you KNOW that He did it just for you, that is amazing. Thank you, God, for your constant reminders that you love me and that you are taking care of me.  

2 comments:

  1. you are not crazy ~ and keep expecting them. Jimmy's birthday is April 7th and on the 7th each year one flower blooms in the front bed- now there are bunches of bulbs there but only one blooms that day. I thought that once I had to move down here to mom's it would stop, but NOPE on April 7th, the kids emailed me the pix of the flower that appeared. God truly Is - Good all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becky, for sharing your yearly special gift from God on your husband's birthday. That is soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete