Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Birthday Celebration

Tonight the "Glory Girls" met for my birthday dinner at Red Lobster.  Of course we all had a great dinner and since I was asked earlier what I'd like for a present, (we all pitch in for each other's gift) I said I wanted a Harvey Seatbelt Crossbody Purse. It's great!  I've wanted one for about a year, but wasn't about to spend that much money on myself.

When I got home tonight Jon couldn't believe that it was actually made out of seat belts.  I had told him it was but he thought it was just called that.  He kept laughing and raising his eye brows and wondering why I would want a seat belt purse!  My answer?  "Because it's different!"

One of the cards I received tonight was perfect for the occasion.  It shows the size purses we have as we get older, and since this year I was 62, it's perfect!  The inside reads: "And you thought just our butts got bigger with time ... "  Too funny, Mary!

This is a crazy bunch of women I belong to and we will all be going to Mackinaw on Wednesday. I'm not sure if we'll survive the laughter. Or the weather. It's supposed to rain all week down here and up there. Oh, well, that's what umbrellas and rain coats are for. The boat ride might be a bit much though if the water is choppy.  Good thing I love choppy boat rides.  


No comments:

Post a Comment