Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Jon's Face Book Post About Yesterday

I check FB every night before bed. Last night I read Jon's post about yesterday's trip to the cemetery. I can't even find the words to describe how I feel. I have such a special son. His picture of the tree is better than the one I took, too.  I'd like to share his post with you:

Today is my Dad's birthday.  Mom and I went to the cemetery to spend some time and clean up around Dad's headstone.  Right in front of the headstone was this little pine tree.  Well, it now has a new home with us.  I'm not sure how God allows our loved ones to "interact" with us from Heaven, but I am surely convinced that God allowed Dad to send us a gift on his birthday.  A gift of encouragement and comfort. A reminder of new life.  The journey doesn't end at the grave.  As surely as Christ will come again, I know that I will see you again Dad.  Until then I have been blessed by this loving gift.  I love you Dad and miss you greatly.  I wish our time could have been longer together, but I thank the Lord that He gave us the time that he did.

*****************************************

Brenda and Jessie drove to the Gym and went in the pool this morning, had Subway for lunch, then went to Stoney Creek to play.  Jon and I went up to Crooked Creek to pick up his 2 cow hearts he had ordered, then we drove up to the Smoke Haus, which is just south of Imlay City.  He bought himself some smoked fish, white fish spread, sandwich spread, Scottish balls and a few other items.  I bought some Orange Marmalade and a small package of "Just Delicious Scones".  I was so surprised to see them there on sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment