Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me !!!

I've had a really nice day.  I ate breakfast with Debbie and Jessie (in the kitchen) then went to PT.  After that painful time I drove to Diane and Randie's and from there they took me to lunch at the Royal Treat Tea Room in Roseville.  I saw this place on FB (Just Delicious Scones),  I LOVE scones and have wanted to go there for quite some time.  Today seemed like the perfect opportunity since it was my choice for lunch.

We had reservations for 1:00 p.m. and they brought a large tray to the table filled with all different kinds of scones, a huge china tea pot of hot, hot water and you could pick your own tea bag from a hutch filled with boxes and tins of teas. There was also lemon curd and Devonshire cream for the scones.

Di and Randie had chicken salad on a side salad and I had a ham and cheese quiche with a side salad to compliment the scones. When the owner found out that it was my birthday, she treated me to the absolutely delicious cross between a scone and a chocolate chip cookie with butter cream frosting.  It has a special name but I can't remember what it's called.  Oh, dear. It was incredibly rich and delicious.

We spent about an hour at their home after lunch just chatting.  I left, came home, grabbed Jess and met Chris at Younger's in Romeo for my birthday dinner.  Wednesday's is their $1 hamburgers and that's what we all had.  I refrained from ordering french fries but ate a few of Jessie's and Chris'.  For the calories I've consumed today, I shouldn't have to eat until Saturday.  But, you only have a birthday once a year, and I like to celebrate!


1 comment:

  1. Glad that you had such a nice birthday ~ you certainly deserve it. That desert looked awesome

    ReplyDelete