Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday

Last night when I got home I woke Jessie to tell her I was home.  She got a huge smile on her face and wrapped her arm around my neck and hugged me tight.  I told her I missed her and she said she missed me, too.  That was special.  Then she fell back to sleep. Immediately.

Jon had to work, Jessie got up quietly and I slept in.  I was pretty tired from the busy 3 days away.  I put all my stuff away, straightened up the house, got our mail, went and got gas, had the van washed then went through McDonald's drive thru and brought it home to eat.  Because of all the traveling and stairs I had to do, my "bad" leg (with the new knee) is swollen and uncomfortable.  My foot is so swollen it's shiny.  I sat for a couple hours on the couch with my leg up and took a Lasix. It'll take a couple days to get "normal" again.

That was the only problem with the Grand Hotel.  It was huge and our rooms were not near one another. The Grand Theatre, where the general sessions were, had a flight of stairs up and no elevator. No bathrooms on that floor either. Not to mention all the shopping we did along the main street of town.  My legs do need a rest.  That's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment