Thursday, August 13, 2015

No Rest For Jon

Wow, did he come home in a mood tonight. I guess you can't blame him, though. He couldn't fall asleep last night and when he finally did, he woke up to "BEEP BEEP. FIRE FIRE. BEEP BEEP FIRE FIRE." He said it scared the crap out of him and he was sitting up before he knew what was going on. Then, it did it again. I didn't hear it because he had his window air conditioner on and my door was partially closed. Jon said the beeping didn't scare him it was the loud robotic voice declaring, "FIRE FIRE".

He came down to my room to see if all was OK and I woke to the light in the hallway. We couldn't figure out why the smoke alarm went off so we took it down and put it in his suitcase that was on the floor. (Don't worry - we have plenty of other smoke detectors in our house!) I didn't know that the newer smoke detectors also had the voice besides the beeping. It didn't go off again.

He wasn't able to fall back to sleep and when he did he only got about 4 hours of sleep. Obviously, he didn't want to go to work. And, he wished he hadn't since he had a horrible day. I'm going to pray that he gets a good night's sleep tonight and tomorrow is much better!

Brenda and Jessie went on their 1-mile walk, went to Gym class then lunch before going to Meijer's.

I had a good day. I did quite a few small things around the house and I also spent the afternoon on the deck doing a craft project which I will post tomorrow because I wanted to highlight Jon's day today and not mine.

1 comment:

  1. Jon - I hope your day was better today. It is hard when you get no rest - mom was up and down one night this week and I sure didn't want to get up and go to work and I feel like I haven't made up for it yet. Perhaps tomorrow morning......

    ReplyDelete