Monday, August 3, 2015

Catching Up ... Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Saturday
Jon left around 6:30 a.m. for Richmond, Indiana, to visit Jacob and Hannah for the weekend. It was about 275 miles there. Jon made it there without any problems. It was challenging, as he doesn't like to drive.

Brianna came over to help me with one of my two upstairs hallway closets. My gift closet. If you opened the door, well, you better not. Items would fall out. I bought drawer organizers several months ago but never have had the time or help to get it done. It now looks great! Thanks, Bri. It only took us about 4 hours!

Bri, Jess and I went and picked up my new glasses, went to the post office, went to Benny's for lunch, then we went and pcked up Jessie's new tennis shoes at the children's store (she has size 3 feet!).

Around 5:30 Doreen brought Shiloh over for the night. There was a concert at Simpson Park, featuring Plumb that several people from church were going to go to. I decided to stay home and offered to have Shiloh stay the night since the concert wasn't to end until 11:00 p.m.  I wasn't sure how Jessie would handle it, but it went very well. Both kids had a good time. Shiloh did well with her first ever sleep over.


Sunday
Doreen picked up Shiloh for church around 11:00 a.m. and Jessie and I just sat around for a couple hours before meeting Chris, Eric and Sean at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. It was in the 90's, humid and the wind was blowing pretty hard. I thought that it felt like it was brewing up a storm, although the skies were clear. Later in the day I began to get Weather Channel alerts about a possible Severe Thunderstorm. Looking at the radar seemed like we were going to be in for it, so I prepared our "storm closet". Jon even let me know that it "was coming." As it got later, I decided that Jess and I would stay downstairs on the couch until the worst was past so we would be close to the closet and not upstairs if the sirens went off. (Can you tell I do NOT like storms?) There was a lot of lightening, some thunder and rain, but it wasn't that bad. We went upstairs at midnight. We lost power during the night several times but it came back on - thankfully!


Monday
I had to leave early this morning for an appointment, then I had a pedicure, ate breakfast at Dimitri's and went to the post office before coming home. Rachel took Jessie to the Rec Center, but all the gyms were full so she took her to Stoney Creek to walk around. They also went to the library but it was closed because of no power. They ended up by coming home early. Jon arrived back in the area about 1:30 p.m., tired and glad to be home, although he had a really nice time visiting his friends. The kids and I ate dinner at KFC tonight. They have $5.00 Fill Ups. It was really good: 2 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuit, medium pop and a cookie for $5.00. Can't beat the price and it was a nice change from McDonalds, Wendy's or any where else we tend to go. We haven't been to KFC for months and months.

That about wraps up 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment