Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Smoke Inhalation

Jess and I spent a leisure morning before we left to have lunch with Chris, Joyce, Carol and Carol's 3 young grandchildren. It was our last time being with Carol, as she is moving to Arizona later this month. Jessie did really well with the kids at the table. They were angels. Not so the other kids in the restaurant. It was packed with loud toddlers and babies, and their families, of course.  It was almost too much for me, and it WAS too much for Jessie, as she made it through lunch before breaking down. I felt so bad for her. It was so loud that I didn't even notice that she was sobbing. We got up and left right away. We talked about the noisy kids when we got to the van and she settled down. 

When we got home I decided to shut off the air and open the windows because it was such a nice day. I turned on the upstairs attic fan and it was soooo nice to have the windows open. My SM Supervision group was held here tonight because I had no one to watch Jess and we sat on the deck. When they left I noticed that the house was beginning to smell smoky. Sure enough - our neighbor had lit a fire in the backyard. He must have used so much fire starter that my throat hurt and before I could get the fan off and the windows closed, I felt like I had inhaled way too much smoke. I was NOT happy. Granted, he wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just counting on having the windows open tonight rather than the air. I don't mind a camp fire, but I don't like smoke in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment