Monday, August 31, 2015

Pickles

Today we canned 12 quarts of bread and butter and spear pickles in the afternoon. Jon is really enjoying (and I am, too) canning. I never thought that at this stage in my life I'd be canning. I did a little of it earlier in our marriage, but only water bath canning. Not pressure canning. There is a great sense of accomplishment when you look at the cupboards filled with the "fruit" of your labor.

Rachel took Jessie to the Library to return books and get more books. They bought a box of brownies to make on Wednesday and ate lunch at Wendy's. Jessie also did "school work". Today she was writing. She enjoys book work and I'm glad Rachel has the patience to work with her on it.

1 comment:

  1. you all are working so hard on the canning. I honestly can say I have not done any since Jimmy died because I no longer put in the large garden that we did together. It is a lot of work not only the garden but the canning also. Mama freezes now instead of canning but her 85 year old sister still cans. Hope you all are doing good. I'm glad you got to go on the mini vacation. Becky

    ReplyDelete