Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Another Funeral

My day began at the funeral of a 95 year old friend, Jennie. I've known her for over 30 years and her funeral was attended by over 100 people - at least. Her life was a testimony to the salvation of our Lord, Jesus Christ. The pastor that spoke said that usually when someone dies in their 90's, the funeral isn't well attended because not many of their friends are left. Not so with Jenny's. She impacted young and old alike. Since I used to attend the church in the 70's where the funeral was held, I knew many people that I hadn't seen in many, many years. It was like a family reunion.

From the funeral I went to the post office, bank, Walgreen's, got a pedicure, Home Depot and Meijer's. When I got home I was more than ready to put my feet up and relax.

Rachel and Jessie read books, did Thanksgiving crafts, and made us Michigan Cherry Scones for tomorrow's breakfast. They went for a little drive in the afternoon.

Jon was very glad to get home from work tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment