Friday, November 6, 2015

I Should Have Started Today Over

Prior to 9:20 a.m., things went well. Jessie and Rachel left for breakfast with Kelly. I had a 9:50 a.m. breakfast with one friend and a noon lunch with another. Or, at least that's what I thought!  At 9:20 my noon lunch date texted me and wondered where I was. I told her I had her down for lunch but she preferred we meet for breakfast. So I texted my other friend and told her I had to cancel, hoping she'd get the text before leaving a class and going to meet me.

I went to the restaurant to meet my "noon date", only she wasn't there. I texted her and I had the wrong restaurant! I mean, really. Seriously? When I finally got to the restaurant I walked behind a van and almost got run over by a guy who was pulling through parking spots.

When in the restaurant my "breakfast date" texted me to see where I was then realized I had texted her - AFTER she was already in the restaurant. She ate alone. Talk about getting things mixed up! I always look at my calendar before leaving for the day and for some reason I had all the times and places mixed up. I wonder when I wrote those things down? Can I claim insanity for about 3 minutes?

I felt really bad, but thankfully my friends are easy going and they didn't mind. I ended up going to visit my "breakfast date" after breakfast with my "lunch date".

No comments:

Post a Comment