Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Good Bye, My Friend

Today was the funeral of the mother of one of my high school friends, Lynn. I've known the family for 47 years. Lorraine was an exceptional Christian woman who was friends with everyone she met and took care of every one else. I spent MANY hours in their home during and after high school and for many years after that. Her funeral was very beautiful, but for me it was like losing my mom all over again. It was an emotionally hard day for me. I do know that I'll see her once again when it's my time to cross over and go to Heaven. She's probably getting food ready for all of us, as this was her favorite thing to do - feed people.

Diane came to stay at the house while the installer finished the flooring and Art Van delivered a new entertainment center. Brenda took Jessie swimming then to Subway. She left at 1:30 p.m. and Rachel took over since Brenda needed to go to the funeral home for a close friend of ours. Her funeral is tomorrow. I've never had 2 funerals back to back before. I'm just thankful they weren't on the same day! I would have had to make a choice.

I need to get Jessie upstairs. She's asleep on the couch sitting up. We waited until Jon got home to eat dinner (8:00 p.m.) so it put me way behind. It was my fault, though, since I took a couple hour nap on the couch after Rachel left and I put a few things back where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment