Sunday, November 22, 2015

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Friday was spent putting stuff back in to the dining room. We're still not done. I'm also getting rid of quite a bit of stuff that I haven't used in a long time. When I went to post, we had no internet.

Saturday Jon left at 6:30 a.m. to go to Indiana and visit his best friend, Jacob, and his wife, Hannah. Winter Storm Bella (didn't know we now name winter storms) began around 8:00 a.m. Jon was able to miss all the snow. It rained on his way down a bit but that was all.

I had a SM Thanksgiving Celebration at Penna's from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. If I hadn't organized it, and if it wasn't catered, I should have stayed home. The roads weren't bad the closer we got to the restaurant. Up by us, not so. This was a weird storm as it has been so warm that snow did not accumulate on road ways as it did on the grass. The party was very nice, but I was glad to be home and watch the snow fall from inside. This picture was taken outside the restaurant.

Today, Sunday, dawned with bright sunshine and about 10-12" of snow. It warmed up a bit and snow began to melt. It was a beautiful snowfall last night and this morning. However, we were snowbound. There was no way I could go out and shovel. The snow was VERY wet and heavy. I spent quite a bit of time looking for someone to dig me out. I was getting more discouraged but I kept praying that God would take care of me (a promise in the Bible) and send someone to help.

About a half hour later, the door bell rang and a young adult was asking if he could clean my driveway for me. He didn't have a job and needed to make money to pay some bills. He said he lived around the corner and his fiance (with a child due in June) was in the car while he went door to door. I told him that God had sent him to me. You should have seen the startled look on his face! We talked a bit and then he dug us out. I cried. God was faithful - yet again - in taking care of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment