Saturday, November 14, 2015

Thursday, Friday and Saturday

THURSDAY we were very fortunate not to lose power. I decided that Jessie didn't need to be out in strong winds so I kept her home, didn't go to Bible Study, and did paperwork. I got a lot done. Brenda didn't mind having a "day off". I did venture out and had lunch with Jessie's former Speech teacher. It was nice to catch up on each other. She is missed.

FRIDAY was still a bit windy, but nothing like the day before. Jessie and I took Jon to leave his jeep to be serviced at 7:45 a.m. (NOT my favorite time of the day!) We went out for breakfast then the bank. Rachel came and took Jessie to see the new Snoopy movie at an EMAGINE theatre. I've never been to one. Jessie did well, according to Rachel. Then they went grocery shopping. Jess had a really good day.

Jon and I spent the rest of the day shopping. We had a nice time together.

TODAY - SATURDAY - has been a working day around the house. We are having a new vinyl floor put down in the family room's dining room on Wednesday, and furniture needs to be moved out of that room. I've been cleaning while I go along so it's taking me a bit more time. Too much work, too, as I've had to take several rounds of pain medicine.

I took Jess to our usual McDonald's lunch around 2:00 p.m. then to Walgreen's. There was an older foreign lady  that was behind us in line that wanted to know if she could buy Jessie a bag of M&M's. Jess was excited about that. I thanked her for her kindness and said, "God bless you!"

When we got to the car she scurried over and handed us two small bags of animal crackers, too. Then, she asked me to pray for her. Her husband was just getting home from the hospital with a heart issue. I assured her I would. Definitely a God moment. Nothing is by chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment