Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Day With Shiloh

Both Pastor Ed and Doreen were busy today and asked if I would watch Shiloh for the afternoon. I looked forward to it, but Jess wasn't so sure. So I decided I'd leave Jessie home with Jon and took Shiloh out for a couple hours. We had lunch at McDonald's then she played in the play structure for awhile. Next we went to the Kezar Library and I bought a couple used books and some used DVD's for Shiloh and Jessie. A stop at K-9 Kindergarten for treats for Memphis ended our time out.

Shiloh played on Jessie's "blue" iPad while Jess used her "red" iPad for a bit while I straightened up the kitchen. Then Shiloh and I baked my "famous" banana cake. The first time in over 6 years that I have baked a cake.






Shiloh mashed up the bananas and helped the entire time. Jessie was just as happy to play with her cards and watch her YouTube movies.







I enjoy being with Shiloh. She reminds me of Megan. I began watching Megan in 2000 after I retired when she was only 4 months old and had her for almost 3-4 years. Then I watched her cousins, Billy and James. Next came Kylee and Lynzee. I enjoyed my time with each child and miss them all. It makes me feel good when Shiloh doesn't want to go home when it's time to leave. I pray that I made a difference in each one of "my kids" lives, and now Shiloh.


Shiloh is good for Jessie, too. With Jessie's PTSD and anxiety with children, she's learning to tolerate and even enjoy Shiloh's presence in our home. That's huge. In the picture above, they're doing perler beads together.















No comments:

Post a Comment