Thursday, February 4, 2016

All's Well

Yesterday I was busy all day washing clothes and cleaning the upstairs bathroom closet. I have to admit that it was gross. I won't tell you the last time I cleaned it, because I can't remember! Rachel took Jessie to her Art Class then home for lunch. She left at 1:00 and Jessie's new aide, Jennifer, came from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.  It was a time of getting to know one another. Sue came at 5:45 p.m. and stayed with Jess while I went to Stephen Ministry. When it came time to blog, I was just too tired.

Brenda needed to take her mom to the doctor's, so there was no aide to take Jessie to her Gym Class today. I stayed home from Bible Study to be with her, but at lunch time the small group met at a local restaurant and I took Jessie with me to join them. She did really good, although very loud. She loved the food and kept giving me thumbs up!

However, when we got home, she wasn't so good. I don't know what going out does to her emotionally, but she talks and yells and burps for hours after coming back home. (The burping is not from food digestion. It's forced.) I lasted about a half hour listening to her when I made her sit on the couch with me. She took about an hour's nap. I thought she'd be better when she woke up. Not. She sat right up and started in again.

I am seriously looking into a psychiatric therapy dog for her. I have a couple web sites to look through, but haven't started yet. When she's had severe melt downs at home, Memphis has gone right to her and his being there helped her out of the melt down. However, he's a service dog, not a therapy dog. Speaking of Memphis. Poor boy - he's getting so thin and his back legs just don't want to work. It's just a matter of time until he can't get up. That will not be a good day. He is too big for me to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment