Friday, February 19, 2016

Prayers Needed For Memphis

Today was another day of appointments. Jess and I had our 6-month visit with the endocrinologist. We were late because I took the expressway instead of the back roads. One lane down from 3 made a mess of traffic. So, the "fast" way turned out to be the "slowest" way. Both our visits went well.

We ate breakfast at Alex's, Jessie's favorite place for pancakes. I dropped the girls off and went to the post office, came back and got Jon and Memphis and went to the Vet. He's not doing well. His back legs don't want to support him and he collapses quite often. He has a huge lump on his left side that the doctor said doesn't look good (after taking fluid from it). He has cataracts. Our dear Memphis doesn't have much time left. Please pray that he's not in a lot of pain that we don't know of, and that I can somehow prepare Jessie for his death. I've been mentioning to her that he's going to Heaven soon, and she says, "Sad".  I know we've only had him for 4 years, and it was only a short month and a half prior to Bill passing. But, I know He was sent by God to help Jessie through those very sad days, and the weeks, months and years to follow. This will be hard for all of us. Thank you for your prayers.

Something lighthearted ... as we were returning from the doctor's this morning, the song "Shake" by Mercy Me came on and Jessie did her share of shaking! It was so funny and both Rachel and I were laughing. When the song finished she yelled ... "Shake your bootie !!!!"  Excuse me? Now who taught her that? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment