Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Very Blustery Night

Right before dinner last night we lost power. There was a high wind advisory from early evening until this morning. We were without power for a couple hours which wasn't too bad. I went to Walgreen's for medicine for Memphis and went through McDonald's drive thru for dinner. 

Then the winds began. It was very scary. It blew for hours with wind gusts in the 50+ mph range. Jon went to bed early because he had to go to work today. Jessie was also in bed early. I was at my "prayer table" doing my Bible Study wondering if something was going to crash through the window I was sitting next to. Things kept hitting the house. I gave up when the power went off again at 11:30 p.m. I went to bed. It was only off for a short time. 

All night long the wind blew. I kept waking up. I had a couple nightmares. An amber alert went off at 2:10 a.m. scaring everyone. I don't want to repeat last night. When I got up this morning I was surprised that I didn't see "Dorothy's" house in the back yard!

Just before I could give Jessie a bath the power went out again!  I heard Jessie yelling in her bedroom because the tv shut off and caught this picture of her hitting her forehead and saying, "AGAIN!"  

We had a very light breakfast because I didn't want to have the fridge open very long, not knowing how long we'd be without power. 

Jessie occupied herself with her cards and magazines and I began paperwork. I have a large report due to the county that I need to total up all her expenses for a year and give an accounting for every penny I spent. Thankfully, I was only a month behind in recording. 





Almost 2 hours later the power came back on. Jessie raised her arms and yelled, "Thank you, Jesus!"  She knows who to thank. 

We went out to the post office, Subway for lunch then Walgreen's before returning home. It was such a nice day. Blue skies, fluffy white clouds and 60 degrees. Jess wanted to swing so while she did that and sang her "Jesus" songs, I picked up dog poop and raked leaves and twigs. I've picked up dog poop in the winter before but I know I've NEVER raked leaves in February! In typical Michigan weather, we'll only be in the 40's tomorrow. This is the weirdest winter we've ever had. Barely any snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment