Monday, February 8, 2016

Jon's Doctor Appointment

Jon had his appointment with the ENT this morning for the lump in his neck. Making a long story short and saving you the imagery of a test he had in the office, the doctor felt he has Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR). He said he could see no cancer and nothing notable except inflammation.

There are 2 types of gastro esophageal reflux (GERD) and LPR, which is known as the "silent reflux". One of the symptoms is the sensation of a lump in the throat, which is inflammation of the larynx (voice box).

Aren't you impressed with my descriptions? Don't be. I had no idea what the doctor was telling Jon and he only got half of it. The above is from a paper they gave him. He will be taking a medication to control and help the inflammation. Plus, since I opened my mouth and asked if this could be hereditary, and that Bill had esophogeal cancer, Jon will also be having a CT scan and a barium swallow. The CT scan will be OK, but I'm not so sure about the barium swallow.

This inflammation in his neck and the inflammation that is happening in his joints seem to me to be related. But, I'm not a doctor. It just seems strange that they happened around the same time. He sees the rhumatologist in a couple of weeks.

Praise God with me that his report today was good. I'm thankful that the doctor did not see anything that looked like cancer and seemed pretty positive about his diagnosis. He sure did an extensive exam. It's a blessing these days to find a thorough doctor and one who really seems to care.


No comments:

Post a Comment