Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Very Nice Day

This afternoon the kids and I had an afternoon out again. We went to Wiegand's Nursery and Denewith's. Jessie didn't do so well at Wiegand's because it was their special Spring weekend and it was packed (we had forgotten about this). However, she enjoyed a free freshly made donut, water, a tiny pancake and a meatball. She was definitely very loud and aggitated, but no panic attack. Until we got home then she had her melt down.

We also stopped at Denewith's for cold weather veggie plants. Jessie did much better there, probably because everyone was at Wiegand's! When we got home she wanted to help Jon carry all the plants to the back yard. She enjoys helping him.

Jon spent time putting up pole netting for climbing veggies and planted most of his cold weather plants he purchased today. I spent about an hour raking and sweeping leaves from up near the back door, as well as put down mulch. Surprisingly, I am very sore, but not in any pain! No pain meds needed tonight even though I worked hard! I'm so pleased. I'll take any good day I can get.

I unearthed a baby bunny in the leaves, and he ran for what he thought would cover him - the thyme Jon bought. He stayed motionless for a very long time, poor thing. I probably gave him a heart attack with our very obnoxious and broken blower! We definitely need a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment