Saturday, April 2, 2016

Friday and Saturday

Yesterday, Friday, April 1, wasn't a good physical day, yet I pushed through. I had a meeting at 9:15 a.m. then another one at 10:30 a.m. Jon and I went to Vince and Joe's to buy healthy, although expensive, meat, chicken and veggies. Later in the afternoon I went to a funeral home for a long-time friend of Bill's. He's the 3rd in the past 5 months of Bill's long-time friends who have died. 

I didn't have any time to rest before I needed to make dinner. Chris came and ate with us, then she and I met Diane and Randie at Meadowbrook Theatre to see "The Calendar Girls".  It was SOOOO good. Just like the movie. Of course, very sad when John dies of cancer (lots of memories there) but super funny as the photographer was taking pictures of the "nude" women (and they were nude!).  A very enjoyable evening. I LOVE going to see plays at Meadowbrook!

We got home around 11:00 p.m. and Chris spent the night, so that was special. We all slept in, had a nice breakfast and Chris left around 11:00 a.m. Unfortunately, my back was super painful today. I sure hope that when I lose more weight it will help.

Jess and I spent the rest of the day at home except for a quick trip to the post office, Walgreen's and McDonald's drive through for Jessie's usual Saturday lunch. I did enjoy watching the intermittent falling snow. It looked like a snow globe. Big fluffy flakes. Very beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment