Monday, April 4, 2016

The Week Begins

My fellow Stephen Ministry Leader, Denise, and I went shopping this morning to purchase items for our Appreciation and Commissioning Banquet. I volunteered to organize and plan for Friday night. We are expecting 42 people. Whenever I volunteer for things, I always forget that I am limited to the amount of things I can do because of my back. Today was shopping for paper products, and ordering the cake. Thursday will be for the food and Friday will be cooking in the kitchen at church. I'm definitely going to need pain medicine!

I got home just in time for Rachel to leave for college at 1:00 p.m. At 1:30 Jess and I left to get her hair cut, order and purchase the chicken, and stop at McDonald's for a pop and ice cream cone, despite the frigid temperature and wind. I took a nap when I got home. I was wiped out.

The table centerpieces will be my birdhouses on moss with flowers and birds. I hope it turns out nice. I've got them all set on a table in the dining room and I'll decorate them with flowers and birds in the next couple of days to see how they'll look. I'll have to take a picture so I'll remember what I've done!

Jess spent a quiet morning with Rachel and even took an hour's nap. Unfortunately since then, she's been talking or hollering ALL AFTERNOON AND EVENING !!!!! It's almost time for bed, except I'm sure she'll continue with singing Christmas carols at the top of her lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment