Saturday, April 30, 2016

Jessie's Scare Of The Day

Jess and I went to the post office, got gas in the van and grocery shopped at Meijer's. We brought the food home and then went to Leo's Coney Island for a quick lunch. When we were finished and walked out the door on our way to Vince and Joe's, we "ran into" 3 young ladies and one was carrying a baby carrier. I knew immediately that because of the age of the girls and the lightness of the "baby carrier", that it was for a class and there wasn't a real baby inside. However, Jessie didn't know that. The girls stopped when Jessie exclaimed, "BABY!" I confirmed with the girls that it was for a class, hoping to warn Jess ahead of time, but I wasn't fast enough. The girl with the carrier pulled the blanket from the "baby's" face. Jessie almost jumped backwards in shock as she looked at what she expected to be a real baby. Poor kid! Finally she said, "DOLL!" I didn't realize how much it scared her until I was telling Jon the story while we ate dinner and Jessie began getting very upset. I had to stop telling the story. I felt bad. I tried telling her it was for a class the girls were taking, but she didn't grasp that.

No comments:

Post a Comment