Saturday, April 9, 2016

Good Bye, Sweet Memphis

Yesterday, April 8, 2016, Memphis went to Heaven around 11:00 p.m.  I was gone all day at church preparing for a Stephen Ministry Banquet. Decorating in the morning, cooking in the afternoon, then the banquet and clean up.

Rachel texted me earlier in the day to say that Memphis was having trouble walking. Jon came home early because he was going to go to Indiana today to see Jacob. He texted me and said, "It's time."

I got home around 9:30 p.m., called a friend of mine and he came with his son to help Jon get Memphis in to the van. The hardest part was having Jessie say good bye to him. We'd been telling her for weeks that he was going to go to Heaven to prepare her, but, again, this was sudden. He was fine when I left in the morning.

I was very thankful to have Jon with me, and for very kind staff at the 24/7 Veterinary Hospital that we took him to. Our ride home was quiet. Doreen had come to stay with Jessie and, thankfully, she was sound asleep when we got home.

Today Jon and I have been sad and quiet. Jessie had a small melt down. She's added Memphis to her list of people and pets we know in Heaven. He will be sorely missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment