Thursday, March 4, 2021

A Blustery Day

Chris left for shopping and Jess and I left for her "speech" class around 10:30. Jessie hollered all the way in to Joyce's and all the way out to the van. Why? Wind. Jessie has a phobia with the wind. She's had this now for several years. Wearing a mask helps a bit, but today was overly windy.

After class we met Chris at Hobby Lobby and we were going to go in and shop, but Jess refused to get out of the van. So, we sat and waited until Chris came out then we went to Red Lobster for lunch. Jessie went in hollering but the desire to get chicken strips over rode her phobia. Maybe I should dangle a chicken strip in front of her and she'll be motivated to go anywhere if she can get the chicken!

Jessie was really good during lunch until a young toddler began to cry then she yelled at her and said, "BAD!" Two strikes for the day. Not too bad, I guess.

Chris sat in the van at Loves with Jessie where I quickly went in looking for a new lift chair. Nothing. Then Jessie decided she wanted to go in the next store ... Ben's Furniture store. I didn't even know it existed and they've been there for 2 years! Nothing there either. Even if I had found something I wanted, it wouldn't be available until May. Or later, thanks to the pandemic. 

Jess sat in the van while I picked up my Income Tax that our preparer finished this morning. I'm glad that's over and done with for the year. We finally got home at 3:15 pm. When Jon got home I asked him if he'd mind being on his own for dinner since Jess brought part of her lunch home and I just wanted a wrap and an apple. He's always willing to do that and I'm glad. When Bill and his mom were here I always felt it was my duty (or it was expected of me) to fix a big meal every night. I'm glad I don't always have to do that anymore. I do most nights, but it's OK if I don't. That makes a difference.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment