Saturday, March 6, 2021

Jon's Work Day

While I gave Jessie a bath, cut her fingernails and put nail polish on them, Jon went to Home Depot and bought new boards (and other stuff) to replace some in his garden. Then he began cutting up old wood that has been piled behind the "shed". Just before lunch he came inside, sat down and said: "I need to go to Urgent Care." I said, "WHAT?". That statement made my heart miss a beat! He had stepped on a rusty nail that went right through his shoe and in to his foot. Since his last Tetanus shot was over 10 years ago, he just needed another shot.

Jess took a nap, I did numerous loads of wash, took all the snowman and Christmas ornaments off the deck tree and redecorated it with Easter decorations. Later in the afternoon I had a headache and my back hurt so I TRIED to rest on the couch, but Jessie kept talking to me and wanting me to answer. 

After dinner the 3 of us watched our usual taped programs that we like. It's always funny to watch Jessie's reaction to vet surgeries or police captures of "bad boys". I enjoy the time spent with my kids watching tv. I wish I had spent more time with Bill sitting on the couch with him watching his programs. He often asked me to but I was too busy. That is something I do regret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment