Thursday, March 11, 2021

One Year Ago Today

Apparently today was the day when the world declared an official Pandemic. Unlike a lot of people, we have managed to do well during this year. Jon had the brunt of its impact by caring for COVID residents at his work. That was a very difficult month for him when it was active. Although he's had to wear all the medical precautions on a daily basis, that month was the worse. I pray it never comes back to his building.

I thought this FB saying was appropriate for now even though some shelves of the grocery store are either running low or empty for certain things. It depends on the day. Nothing like a year ago, that's for sure. That was a bit concerning.

Jessie had speech this morning then we met Jon in Romeo for lunch before he went to work for a staff party. He didn't eat with us because he was having STEAK! He also won a very large bowl. He said it's his new snack bowl!

Joyce helped me figure out what went wrong with the needle and thread on my sewing machine, so when I got home I finished one pair of Jessie's pants and began another to be completed tomorrow.

I also took down snowmen and began bringing up Easter and Spring decorations from the basement. I could only do two trips then had to call it for the day. I sat on the deck, enjoyed the warm day and read. 

We ate dinner watching our shows Jon tapes for us. Now he's gone to bed, Jessie's on his iPad and I'm going to go back to my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment