Wednesday, March 17, 2021

St. Patrick's Day

Jon went shopping this morning then worked for hours in his garden. Jess took several 2-hour naps during the day and didn't want to do anything. I went to Bible Study then met Jon at Leo's for lunch. Walgreen's and the post office were the only 2 stops after lunch then home. 

A year ago or so Joyce game me her Instant Pot that she didn't want. I was excited to have one, yet apprehensive to use it because it would be under pressure. So, it went in the basement. Until today. Jennifer showed me how to use it and we made a corned beef, Brussel sprouts, carrots, onions and potatoes meal for St. Patrick's Day. The only day of the year that I think to make this. 

Surprisingly, it was very good and both Jon and Jessie liked it, too. I couldn't use cabbage because I'm allergic to it, but Brussel sprouts I can eat. Go figure. 

Right after dinner we were watching a Dr. Oakley program and Jessie began acting like she was sick. She was moaning and I encouraged her to go in the living room with me and I'd hold her. No fever. Tylenol just because. I held her for 45 minutes until she settled down and went to sleep.

About an hour later she popped up and said, "Snack!" then "Better!" She doesn't act sick at all. Guess we'll see what the night holds for her. It's so hard to know exactly what is wrong with her most of the time.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment