Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Nice Sunday

Jess and I watched church on FB while we ate breakfast. However, Jess fell asleep before it finished. When our church was done I watched Pastor Mick's service. It was really good and powerful. Since Jess was still asleep when Mick's service finished, I also closed my eyes.

I woke to Jessie crying. I listened to what she was watching and she had Pastor Chris speaking at Troy Woodside. I couldn't figure out what was making her cry. When I got up and held her, wiped her tears and tried to calm her down, I asked her why she was sad. "Daddy!", she said. "Jesus, Heaven." "Do you miss Daddy?" I asked, "YES!" She sobbed.

Some may not know that people with Down Syndrome have difficulty with time. So, an event like her Daddy passing away, even though it's been 9 years, can seem like yesterday. She was grieving all over again. It broke my heart. Made me sad, too

Thankfully, after I got her calmed down it was time to go to Marcus Grill and meet Chris for lunch. All 3 of us had great meals and good conversation. Chris went shopping then home and Jess and I came home. I watched a Hallmark movie that was surprisingly good: "Back to Christmas" with Candace Cameron Bure. 

Jon got home at 7:45 p.m. after a 12 hours shift. I bought him an omelet for his dinner tonight. Like I said earlier, this was a nice Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment