Friday, November 18, 2011

A Decision Has Been Made

I would like to share with you what Bill put on his Facebook page just a few minutes ago:

The results of my last CT scan were not good. The cancer has progressed in all areas. I was given the option to try another 3 different (and very nasty = 2 were specificially cardiac toxic and 1 causes nerve naraphothy) chemo threatments. I have chosen quality of life verses quantity of life. I will not have anymore chemo treatments. I have asked that Hospice be put in place, so that when I need it, it will be available with only a phone call.

I ask that you continue to pray. We have a mighty God who chooses when we are born and when we die. I ask that you pray that I (and my family) would remain faithful and strong during the days ahead. I would ask that we would have many more days of laughter and fun with friends and family. Thank you so much for your continued support.
 
 
How are we doing?  Good.  We've known that this day would come when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer 17 months ago.  We will just continue to do what we've been doing since then ... living one day at a time, and enjoying life as much as possible.  Bill, Jon and I had a fun couple hours out this morning.  We went to the indoor range and watched Jon shoot, then went out to lunch.  When we got home, Bill spent the rest of the afternoon in his shed working on his birdhouse. 
 
So, as you can see, we are not going to do anything different.  We openly talk about death and heaven.  We laugh and cry together.  We are blessed to have each other.  We are blessed to have so many friends and family that care and will continue to pray for us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment