Monday, November 7, 2011

FREE

I had a very busy day.  It began with a long social worker meeting then I put in a load of wash.  Jess and I went to the post office, Wendy's for lunch, visited Chris at her work, Salvation Army to drop off items, picked up a bushel of apples and visited Rox for a few minutes.  When I was driving north on VanDyke the Kroger's at 31 Mile Road had gas for $3.15.  I decided that on my way back down I would stop and get it for that good price. When I drove back about an hour or so later, it was $3.55 !!!!!  It went up 40 cents!!!!!  Next time I'll turn around and stop first.
It was such a nice day that I told Bill I'd blow leaves again.  I can't pick them up, but I can blow them into a pile.  So I have about 3 large piles, waiting to be picked up.  I decided to put a sign on the pile in the front that says, "FREE".  I figured that if people who live in a treeless subdivision miss the fun of raking and picking up leaves, I'd help them.  FREE leaves.  First come - first served.  Such a deal.  No takers yet.  Bummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment