Saturday, November 5, 2011

What Do I Need To Do Different?

Every Saturday morning the psychologist comes and talks to me about Jessie and how to help her in various situations.  Each time we've met I've taken alot of notes and there has been some positive little changes and it's been encouraging.  Today's visit I took no notes and cried most of the time.  Shannon sat in on some of the discussion and gave very helpful insight. 

I've always known that there had to be something that I have been doing wrong, but it still was very hard for me to hear that some of her behavior is due to my "making" her be more dependent on me.  I am grateful for the insight, but there is alot to process.  I spent most of the day by "myself" and asking God to help me figure out what I need to change.  I know that I am a very good mother.  Just maybe too good for Jessie's development.  Please pray with me.

Bill had a good morning and worked about 3 hours in his workshop, but then was done for the day.  He was very, very tired and spent alot of time watching football the rest of the day.  Jon worked and Jess went to the show with Shannon and saw "Puss 'n Boots" after doing academics.

No comments:

Post a Comment