Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Extra Girls Day Out

Jon worked and Bill went to church.  Jess and I had our special Sunday breakfast and prayer time.  At noon we left to have lunch with Denise and Caity.  It's been several months since we've been together and we had a very nice time. 

Several things happened today that weren't in the "plan".    I was going to go north on VanDyke to the expressway but there was a bad accident blocking the road at 27 Mile.  Turned around and went to 23 Mile to get on the expressway, making us late.  We were going to meet at Anton's at 16 Mile and Dequindre but Denise called and said they were closed with a Lease sign in the window!  We finally met at The Country Inn.  I used the bathroom and while in there the double toilet paper cover fell off and hit me in the shoulder, just missing my head.  When I went to use the soap, that cover fell off! 

When we left we went to 16 Mile Road and headed to the New Balance store at Rochester Road.  Bad move.  Traffic was backed up for at least a mile as 3 lanes were down to 1 for construction.  Jessie announced while in that jam that she had to go to the bathroom.  Stopped at McDonald's at 16 Mile and Rochester before going to the shoe store - THAT WAS CLOSED!  By that time, all I wanted to do was go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment