Friday, November 25, 2011

A Very Trying Day

It began well, but that's about it.  I went with Jess and Shannon to breakfast and after we got home I straightened up because we were expecting the Hospice In-take Nurse to come. Her visit lasted almost 3 hours and during that time the phone rang with important calls, we had company, and she ordered a hospital bed to see if that would help with his sleeping, since he can't sleep in a bed.  The recliner that's been his bed isn't the most comfortable! Not only did she order it, but it was delivered before she left, which meant that while she was here and we had company, I had to go and make room for it.

That just about put me over the edge because, although we do have a very large room, it's almost filled to capacity with my mom's boxes I brought home and haven't gone through yet.  Not to mention the fall stuff that needed to be put in the fall closet and some of the Christmas boxes are still out of that closet. 

Diane and Randie were expected for dinner at 3:00, and needless to say, I had nothing started.  They not only brought the turkey, they had to make everything I was supposed to make.  Oh, yes, that's the same time as the bed is being delivered, the nurse is still here and so is our company!

Finally we were enjoying a nice, quiet turkey dinner.  Thanks, Di and Randie!  However, after dinner and I was clearing the table, for some reason I began choking and coughing, which sent Jess right into a major panic attack.  She was terrified because I was choking.  It took awhile to calm her down, poor thing.  That sure didn't help my day.

Diane and Randie helped me take some of Mom's boxes to the basement, and I'll work on it again tomorrow.  Right now, I am numb.  Bill's very tired tonight and doesn't feel well.  Please pray that tomorrow will be better for us, would you please?  I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment