Friday, November 15, 2013

I Have Returned - Again!

One week ago yesterday I had my total left knee replacement. One week ago today I sat in PT and cried uncontrollably.  The pain was so intense and I felt like a total wimp since all the other people in the room were at least 10 years older than myself. I later had another nerve block which helped and it turned out that the pain medicine I was taking wasn't enough. I needed MORE!

They weren't kidding when they said they got you up between 4 and 5 a.m. for the day. One day it was 3:15 a.m.  PT 4x a day. I'm glad I didn't have much company. I was too exhausted from working so hard.

I returned home on Sunday. PT began Monday and because I don't have a good range of motion, he was scheduled for every day this week. I cancelled yesterday because it just wasn't a good physical day for me. All these exercises are flaring up my back, which is bad,,

Jess has adjusted well. She helps me when she can and makes sure I'm covered up. I'll try posting a few pictures shortly, since I'm doing this on my iPad. Jon has been a tremendous help for me, taking care of Jess and all that goes into running a household. Not to mention having to go to work!

I'll end right now and will try posting daily again.

2 comments:

  1. Happy it is behind you. Every day will be a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! This surgery is a biggie!! Praying in the long run you will be much, much better!

    ReplyDelete